Support for School Improvement
School Improvement covers all things related to standards, teaching and learning, leadership and Ofsted. Please see further sections for information about our team of associates who can offer support in these areas as well as resources which we hope you will find useful.
Support For School Improvement
The Diocesan Board of Education works with a team of highly experienced Associate Consultants who support our Church schools and academies through training and in-school support. The team have a wide range of expertise including governance, leadership and teaching and learning. All of our associates have been school leaders, advisors or both.
We offer a wide range of support both as part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and as commissioned support.
SLA SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Initial visit to assess need or discuss issues arising from data
- Attendance at Ofsted feedback, phone support and discussions with the lead inspector
- Attendance at key meetings
- Visits to new headteachers
CHARGEABLE SERVICES – (REDUCED RATE FOR SLA SCHOOLS) INCLUDE:
- Support for governors with headteacher review/appraisal
- New headteacher induction
- Leadership support – strategic planning, data, roles, monitoring, middle leader training
- Governance support – full review, health check, training on interpreting and using data, roles and monitoring
- Bespoke reviews
- Coaching – this has been very popular and is effective support for both new and experienced headteachers. All new headteachers receive 3 free coaching sessions. Feedback has been extremely positive
- Mentoring/supervision – this can be commissioned as a bespoke package of visits across the year with the option of telephone support as well (see Training Brochure for further details)
If you wish to commission or discuss possible support please contact either Caroline Crofts, the Lead Associate at email@example.com mobile 07739806523 or Teresa Spearink, PA to the DBE Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01634 560025